Your dog’s traits and personality are extremely important to think about when you have young children in your household. Many of these traits are even impotant if you have kids with age ranges that reach into their teens. Kids have unpredictable behavior, and you want to look for a dog that isn’t startled or territorial and that can have fun with your family.
Here is our list of the best family dog traits to look for in your new dog for as maximum family-friendly experience. You want dogs that:
- Are social with other dogs and people
- Are trainable, learning behaviors easily
- Do not startleeasily
- Areslightly submissive rather than dominant in personality
- Display consistent behavior that you can depend on (rather than have a personality that vacillates)
- Are able to be distracted from a task, so that when your child “breaks in” to whatever it is that they are doing, they can switch gears without becoming angry or frustrated.
- Are non-territorial